Monday, January 28, 2013

Marty's Market - Strip District

Lunchtime in the strip district with my fellow blogger friend, BeezusKiddo! We both got the $20.13 lunch special; the beet salad, beef bourguignon, and the chocolate pudding. The salad was overtaken with beets and the salad dressing was very good. The pasta (beef bourguignon) was homemade and the beef was tender and well-seasoned. The setting was inside the marketplace and all the ingredients were fresh. Pricing wasn't too bad and the staff was very friendly. There was also a separate coffee bar. The one flaw for me was that there was no real pop/soda. Well, that could have also been a good thing!




Also, you can watch the chef's carve the meats and cheeses and if you need to grab something from the store, it's right there are your disposal. Fresh, organic food - a nice, little change from the surrounding fast food eateries.

Here are pictures of the pasta and the dessert. Marty's market is definitely worth checking out for a healthy, fresh lunch without breaking the budget.



1 comment:

  1. I've been running behind, I still need to write about it! I LOVED that pot au creme. I thought the stew was good, but needed more flavor. Maybe a stronger broth or something? Like, I think they've got the beginnings of a great dish, it just needs a little more work. I'd be happy to go back to eat there. I especially like how involved and enthusiastic they are in the community.

    ReplyDelete