Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm Back

Hi All,

Sorry I have been away for a little bit. I was on vacation with my co-worker, Kathy for her 30th Birthday in Vegas. Prior to leaving for vacation, I did dine at a few eateries, such as: Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Ditka's in Robinson.

As far as Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza; there are signs everywhere indicating that the pizza is 'well done' and, in fact, it is! But I believe that it is more than 'well done' its actually charred along the entire edge of the pizza. Now, I'm not sure if you can ask for it to be cooked a little less, but I am not a fan of anything burnt. During my dining experience, I ate the broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pizza, the Philly Cheesesteak Pizza, the wings and the Roast Beef Sandwich. All this food was shared, lol, I was there for my friend Marguerite's birthday...I didn't eat all this food myself!!!

Anyway, both Pizza's were very charred on the end, definitely more than 'well done.' There was an over abundant amount of broccoli rabe it was very bitter and over powering and it just wasn't a good topping on a pizza, the Philly cheesesteak; however, was very good.

The caramelized onions on the both the pizza and the wings were phenomenal. There are a lot of places that claim to use caramelized onions but fail at the attempt to actually produce a sugary, caramelized, melt-in-your-mouth taste; Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is a restaurant that does that. The wings were good but nowhere near the best. Other than the onions, there was a lack of taste and were just simply bland.

As for the Roast beef sandwich, it was good but probably not something that I would order again. Again, very little flavor and it was more of a different type of sandwich. While the bread was warm and flaky, the roast beef was cold. There was no sauce or dressing but it was worth trying it at least once; at least, for the greater good of my viewers! My friend, Stephanie has been wanting to go there for some time now, and I'm going to all of you like I told her, it's pretty average and there are better gourmet pizza places out there. The atmosphere is nice and the waitstaff is very friendly and if your culinary journey takes you there, I would totally recommend the Philly cheesesteak Pizza!!!

View my next post to read about Ditka's!

No comments:

Post a Comment