Monday, June 11, 2012

Lunch at Osteria 2350

Hi All,

So today a few co-workers and I went to the Strip District for Lunch. We decided to check out Osteria 2350 across from the Cork Factory apartments. It is a quaint little restaurant, not too formal but not too casual. Very quiet and a comfortable atmosphere where you can watch the cooks preparing the food. It reminded me of a more modern Italian eatery than the historic little restaurants actually located in Italy.

They have food ranging from salads to sandwiches to pasta to pizza. The price is right and you are in and out quickly. I work in the Northside and we drove there and back plus ate lunch and enjoyed relaxing conversation within an hour. There was one waitress and she seemed a little annoyed/bothered when asked too many questions. But she can get over herself. I, for one, ask a lot of questions, so she needs to be a lil more open to customer inquiries; however, that will not deterr me from making more and more trips back to this restaurant.

From looking at the menu prior to making a lunch decision, I knew that if we went there I was going to get the Prosciutto sandwich. Well, it was between the home-made Gnocchi, the Antipasti plate or the sandwich. I ultimately chose the sandwich and definitely a good decision. It was hearty and filling and I completely ate the entire thing; along with the oil and bread that was brought out minutes before our lunches. Let me tell you, the foccacia had a nice light garlic taste and the oil was light and earthy and just so yummy.

As for the sandwich, it was prosciutto, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzerella, and a balsamic oil on a baguette. Now, I read a review on the sandwich from urbanspoon, who stated that there wasn't really any flavor. Not true! There was just enough flavor from the oil and the red peppers in order to not mask the taste of the prosciutto itself. Just for an added touch, I was also sporadically dipping it in the herb oil that came with the bread for the table. Delicious!

This is definitely a culinary trip worth your while. For the evenings, they have a substantial red/white wine list and would be a perfect little date night getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment