Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pino's - Point Breeze

     My first stop, Pino's Italian restaurant - www.chefpino.com. They are one of the very few restaurants that have participated in Pittsburgh Restaurant Week for all three seasons. Yes, Pittsburgh Restaurant Week isn't just once a year!

     In Participating with Pittsburgh Restaurant Week, they had both a 3-course fixed priced menu and a special flatbread & glass of wine menu. I opted for the special flabread & glass of wine menu. There are 3 flatbreads to choose from: Tomato Basil & Fresh Mozzarella, Sausage with Sweet & Hot Peppers, Tomato & Provolone, & Wild Mushroom & Fontina. I chose the wild mushroom and fontina flabread, which was paired with Sparkling Rose.

     First off, while I was waiting for the flatbread, I was brought warm breadsticks that were soft and had the right amount of seasoning with a sun-dried tomato and caper dipping sauce. Delicious, and I don't even really like sun-dried tomatoes. It was salty and spicy and paired very well with the warm bread. I took the remaining breadsticks and the rest of the dipping sauce to go for later snacking! 

     Now to the flatbread. Let me tell you, this flatbread was sooo good! If you are a mushroom lover, this is the pizza for you. It comes as 6 large slices and can easily be shared. Definitely get parmesean cheese sprinkled on top; the saltiness from the parmesean cheese really develops more of the flavors. For me, it was tasty, but I also have a pretty sofisticated palate and like food to go one step further. This flatbread could easily be taken to a whole new level if a bed of arugula was added to the top with a slight amount of truffle oil. The peppery bite of the arugula with the distinct taste of the truffle oil would send it over the top! For those of you who do not like or has never tried arugula or truffle oil, that is perfectly ok, this flatbread is still very delicious and worth every bite! I only ate 3 slices and then was talked into getting dessert; homemade Tiramisu. Just saying, AMAZING!!! It is probably the best I have had around the city. I even tried to save some but I just couldnt. It was creamy and chocolately from the sprinkled cocoa and just the right amount of coffee flavoring. Incredible!!

     I was also able to meet the chef and owner of Pino's, who both were very friendly and delightful and want the diner to have an amazing experience. There prices are right and the food is delicious. Aside from their delicious menu, there are half-priced wine bottle selections everyday. Pino's is defintiely a hidden gem in Point Breeze. Please, go out and discover the delicious food and desserts along with their amazing wine selection. Let me know what you think!!!! Good eatings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment