Monday, February 25, 2013

Monterey Pub - Northside

Hi all, hope you are having a great start to your week! Place to try - Monterey Pub in the Northside for great pub-style food.

I went to Monterey Pub with two of my good friends, Katie Berger and Katharine Rummel. It had a great atmosphere and was surprisingly large for a side street on the North side. Very quaint and cozy and the staff was very friendly. None of us were interested in anything heavy so we decided to get three different flavors of wings. We got: Buffalo, Blue Cheese and Garlic Parmesean. For starters, I am always skeptical of wings because they usually arent crispy enough. So when we ordered, I forgot to ask for them extra-crispy. However, each and every one was prepared with just enough cripsiness and the flavors in general were very good.

Bleu Cheese. Now, although I am a fan of bleu cheese itself, I use ranch when eating wings. Crazy, I know! Anyway, the wings had great bleu cheese flavor without being overpowerful. Even the chunks of bleu cheese that topped the wings didnt create an abundantly cheesey flavor. And again, wings cooked just right!

Buffalo. When ordering a large amount of wings with different flavors, you have to get the traditional buffalo wings. The sauce wasnt too mild nor too hot and the flavor itself was more than the average Frank's Red Hot and butter.

Garlic Parmesean. Typically, I do not order this flavor of wings because it is usually a ton of garlic chunks and fake parmesean cheese. Needless to say, I figured that I would just eat the buffalo or the bleu cheese and stay away from the garlic parm. When they came out, it wasn't the usual sight. They had been cooked in a falvorful garlic oil with real shreds of parmesean cheese...soooo good!

Next time you are in the North side and looking for some great pub food at a quaint, little place, you must go to Monterey Pub. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment